Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:55 am
Rainlistings

back to Rainlistings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL. FAST!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stephe
Clouds
Stephe

ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! Empty
PostSubject: ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL. FAST!!   ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:46 am

CLOUDS, RAIN-CLOUDS, and FANS! Help!

There are only some 17,000 votes separating Rain and Adam Lambert, who is closing in fast as of this moment. Lambert's fans are really determined and rallying HARD (we have read their posts). They are determined to beat Rain in particular.

Get over to TIME and support our Ji-Hoon. There is no time to waste!

Thanks! And hugs...! :yawn:

RAIN at the TIME 100 Most Influential poll HERE.http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1972075_1972078_1972165,00.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.cloudusa.org
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

PostSubject: TIME poll and Rain   ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:55 pm

i just came back from visiting some Fansites and fourms. doesn't seem that some of them have this voting posted as a feature.

i found the notice posted on the date when CloudMaster sent out their request. we can only continue our voting, but some fans may be turned off
from Time because last year they allowed the site to be hacked and never made corrections for the discrepencies.

but, for those who are not participating, let's just triple vote for them. Rain has been in that 3rd spot for almost 4 days now. let's move him. :4
Back to top Go down
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

PostSubject: TIME poll and Rain   ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:44 am

Fans can continue voting until Thursday. Rain is currenly at #6 (at least in the top 10 and definately in the top 10 out of 100). but Adam Lambert has taken a spot above Rain.

as i said before, a lot of Clouds/fans did not participate this year. they were very dissapointed in the massive rigging that went on last year and vowed not to vote again in the up coming (this year's poll). i believe they kept their promise.

but, what is your thinking about this online Time 100 poll? why do you think they conduct it every year? and aside from having bragging rights, do you think it has any impact of Rain and what he achieves, career wise? are we wasting our time? what benefit does Time get from conducting it each year?
let's hear what you'r thinking about this annual Time 100.

:13
Back to top Go down
Stephe
Clouds
Stephe

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL. FAST!!   ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:06 am

Well, I'm pretty happy that Rain landed in the top 5... and I certainly have nothing against Kim Yuna or freedom figher Mousavi for landing ahead of him. I'm good with the results and we did what we set out to do... got him at the top there.

But I will say that TIME has me a bit irritated in that they don't seem to care about all the contest rigging going on. (I actually saw downloads for certain people's vote-rigging software. Wow.) If I was running a contest and my name was TIME, it would either be above-board, or I would shut the thing down. My editors would pick the TIME 100 celebs to go in the published issue, but the Online voting poll would be scrapped if I was in charge.

My Poll would be fair or it wouldn't exist. I mean my name would be on it, for pete's sake. They're not Podunk Magazine in some obscure section of the country... they're TIME MAGAZINE. Why don't they care?

That's my freakin' question.

I thought they were better than this.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.cloudusa.org
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

PostSubject: reply to Stephe's post   ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:55 pm

well, here's some info. a lot of fans was introduced to by other fas during last year's fiasco.

we were all so concerned with the way Rain's votes increased (he started out in the #2 position), but his rankings started decreasing.

pretty soon he (over night), dropped to the #23 postion, WHAT?? so fans went on a hunt for the problem and here's what they found out.

a fan here in the US, spoke with a friend who was famaliar with polls and how and why the operate. she posted her info. on a Asian site complete with the amount of money, per click, that the polls make for Time or whoever has them.

another fan tracked down info. on moot and gave the fans photos of him, his hacker's conference and it's members.
some of his members literally joined RL and actually showed us what they were doing and how it was being done.
another fan sent these screen shots to Time.
and yes another member posted for us screen shots of the actual foumula grids that had been used to steal Rain's votes in 2008 by S. Colbert
and in 2009 by S. Colbert, Mann Pacquiao and moot. they worked it by using a formula that siffoned votes from names beginning with certain letters and instead of hand voting, they autovoted. fans mass e-mailed Times to report it and a internet reporter wrote an article about it. Time later posted an article saying thier system had been hacked. don't know if you can still find this or not but: on 4/20/09 a post was put up at RL that showed the article
maybe you can just view the thread, if it's still there. indulging in Rains world also as an account.

i said all this, just to say that in light of what fans went through during the past 2 years, i think they just decided not to go overboard with this voting this year. Rain normally gets millions of votes (12 million+ last year) but, Time makes plenty of money every year from that poll and then picks their own winners. it would be a fun poll, if it were an honest one. i actually enjoy the spirit and dedication among fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL. FAST!!   ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL.  FAST!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADAM LAMBERT IS CATCHING UP TO RAIN IN THE TIME POLL. FAST!!
Page 1 of 1