Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:55 am
Rainlistings

back to Rainlistings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

were you amazed?? confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

were you amazed??  confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic" Empty
PostSubject: were you amazed?? confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic"   were you amazed??  confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic" I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:54 pm

what did you think when you first saw Rain's new CD pic.?

my thoughts: Rain is overflowing with creativety. He certainly is living up to Forbes description of him "Bridging East to West"

i would never have thought of him presenting a pic, with lashes and long hair to promote music, but, this is one of the things that keeps me
drawn to him. that is the ability and courage to step outside of the bounderies. although here in the US, we are quite use to seeing artiste change like this
just look at Lady GaGa (totally outrageous, right).

Rain has a reputation to maintain among the artiste in Korea and throughout Asia, he has presented them with a cutting edge presentation and it will
be interesting to see what follows with those who debut their new music along with him and shortly thereafter.

at any rate, he still maintains my attention and love. i think he is one outstanding creative human being. i hope this new music blows a hole
threw the roof, hahahaha

that 30sec. trailor...blows me away. :4 :4
Back to top Go down
Jax
Admin
Jax

PostSubject: Re: were you amazed?? confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic"   were you amazed??  confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic" I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 am

do you really want me to answer that question??? :3

OK, the first hour i was just in shock, :2

honestly thought it was a joke and someone photoshop'd a photo of Rain!!!!

omgosh...so, I am starting to feel better since seeing the teaser MV...he looks HOT of course Rolling Eyes

i will support Rain no matter what...and the more I think about it, he is being very smart about this, he will definitely be bringing something we haven't seen before...I think that this is just the beginning of him shocking us, haha!

thanks for posting this topic, im very interested in what other people think!

:7

Jax
Back to top Go down
http://rainlistings.blogspot.com
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

PostSubject: Back to the Basic   were you amazed??  confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic" I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 am

well, Jax the beauty of having developed rainlisting.blogspot is that the opportunity is presented to visit global fan sites to get a feel of what is being said on any topic concerning Rain?

i visited many and there is only one that seems to be tramatized by seeing Rain in this pic. however, if fans really spend some time getting to know his likes about music he clearly says he like Pop, R&B and i think i read somewhere funky music, maybe they will start looking at the artiste and not allow his body to dictate their feelings(although, it's always a good eye thearapy). so far fans have been used to hearing songs that were written by JYP for Rain. when Rain did Rainism, his music direction changed. just watch the Rainism MV again. he seems to be moving his music to another level, getting away from what fans have been used to (sort of, not totally).

now here, in the US this type of look is nothing new among various singers, we're used to seeing it. but to me this photo of Rain really did not impact me to much because i look at him as a extremely creative individual, one who is willing to push the envelop and not afraid to tread into new territory. we must admit, this is not new either in the Asain countries, nor is the look uncommon in Korea itself. i watched a show Rain was on last year and the Host had his hair cut off totally on one side, had on make-up, short, short pants, (i thought the guy was gay), until the conversation moved to his wife of several years. (it was just his entertainment persona). Rain was challenging him because the guys' profession was to write harsh joking remarks about Korea's celebrities. and we must remember, Rain is an international celebrity, among all types of singers so he must keep himself competitive. even the lashes don't disturb me, shucks there is only about 4 or 5 of them on the bottom of each eye (now if a full set had adorned his eyes, i'd have a question, hahahaha). i think the photo did just what it was intended to do.
as the first song title says "The Song to capture you", so this photo to me is "The photo to capture your attention", and that it did. Brillant marketing strategy. :3
Back to top Go down
Stephe
Clouds
Stephe

PostSubject: Re: were you amazed?? confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic"   were you amazed??  confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic" I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:21 pm

At first I was shocked... then I was amazed... and the more I stared at it... the more turned on I got. Haha!

Honestly, I just wanted to jump his bones, he seemed so primal and wild. And then I couldn't wait to see where he was going with the idea.

You are right about Rain's creativity, busybee. He's got it up the wazzoo, and I've trusted his vision for Back To The Basic from day one, regardless of not knowing what he had in mind. I've seen his brilliance for almost a decade--why wouldn't I trust Rain now?

Honestly, if Rain constantly stayed the same all the time instead of reinventing himself every few years, I would be bored stiff.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cloudusa.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: were you amazed?? confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic"   were you amazed??  confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

were you amazed?? confused?? shocked?? what?? "Back to the Basic"
Page 1 of 1