Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:55 am
Rainlistings

back to Rainlistings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public, what's your thoughts.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public,  what's your thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public, what's your thoughts.   Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public,  what's your thoughts. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Rain has proven time and time again that he is dead serious about his career and it's direction. the establishment of JTune placed an enormous burden on his shoulders (thank goodness they are broad, hahaha). in almost 3 short years, even while entangled in concert lawsuits and transitioning from one agency to another he managed to keep his focus and promises to his fans. he's taken charge of his own stage, has his hand in producing his own music, marketing it, writing it, managing it from conception to the final release, THREE YEARS people!! that's a feat in and of itself. he has grown up, and it shows. he's stayed humble, and it shows, he's stayed true to himself and his fans and it certainly shows.

"Back to the Basic"---having read the latest Seoul Times interview he reveals what i was feeling, has he took his fans through one emotional high after another. "The Song to make you want to stay"...thousands of women out there fantasized about being in that bed, kissing those lips, being enfolded in those arms and feeling protected by those shoulders. their responses to that vid ranged from jealousy, crying, shock, pain you name it. "how could he do such a thing?" many asked. (until they saw the finished vid, that is.)

"New Song"...now this number, and it's first revealed pics, which btw, is my fav. shocked the poo poo out of fans, made them look up, scarch their heads, holler and scream to Mount Everest "hey Rain what's with those eye lashes and long hair?"...funniest responses i ever saw. so shocking were some fans that they literally shut down their blogs, vowing that they had had it with Rain (until they listened to the entire song, that is, kekekeke). same fans said the look was to feminine, made him look gay, etc, etc,. GLAM, GLITTER, that's what he mentined in the interview. that's what others saw, myself included. Japanese fansites saw the concept immediately which is where a pic of Rain and Guns N Roses was placed side by side. look people, the man can't help that he is bestowed with such beauty, it comes with the territory (top to bottom, inside and out). i don't know of another man who could pull off somethng like that and look stunning while doing it.

to be continued, stay tuned ok?
Back to top Go down
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public,  what's your thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: continuing - Back to the Basic - Rain's new music   Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public,  what's your thoughts. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 am

all righty then, let me move on to the next tracks of Rain's new cd.

while listening to "One", i got an old comfy feeling. this track sounded like something i heard before. the words, beat the whole concept sounded very American to me. it's a nice song, but i just didn't like it too much.

"Same", being honest with myself, this song didn't do much for me.

"Love Song" (english version). i just couldn't understand the words at the beginning of this song. i listened 2x, and i just couldn't get it.
now, i have listened to Rain sing in english before with Omarion, his "I Believe I can fly" and more recently his "Special Gift, Recollection" of Rainism where he sings not one but two songs in english. Rainism and Love Story. i had no problem understanding or feeling him. but, this version of Love Song done in english just sounded to weak to me. now, this may be due to the fact that the Korean version, grabbed me LOCK, STOCK AND BARREL, Twisted Evil
yep, the Koren version was a pure 1,2,3 KNOCK OUT. strong, powerful and excellently done.

here are my grades:
Love Song (Korean version) 10+
New Song 10+ if i could give this 100, that's what i'd do
One 7
Same 6
Love Song (English version) 7

What made this cd extra special to me was the whole marketing and promotion (Mnet performances) and the astonishing remarks i read at many fans sites.
Rain and JTune knew that fans were up until the annoucement of his new music coming, had been engrossed with Ninja Assassin. myself included. i had been caught up in tracking box office receipts and reviews. well, for me once that first teaser hit the internet i all but forgot what i had been doing 5 minutes before. my hat goes off and i offer my most humble bow to Rain and his crew for mass moving fans away from Ninja Asssassin and making us focus squarely on "Back to the Basic"

last thought is this. after reading the english version of his THANKS TO, which is added on the cd jacket, Rain left no stone unturned. he even includes the names of his fellow group members "Fan Club", saying he wants to see them. he really did go BACK TO THE BASICS.
Back to top Go down

Back to the Basic is completed and shared with the public, what's your thoughts.
Page 1 of 1