Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:55 am
Rainlistings

back to Rainlistings
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ninja Assassin Reviews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jax
Admin
Jax

Ninja Assassin Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Ninja Assassin Reviews   Ninja Assassin Reviews I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Here are some positive and refreshing Ninja Assassin reviews (thanks for the links busybee!)

'I LIKED IT!'
And I’ll tell you why, it was a good, robust, action flick, complete with “hot” eye candy characters, killer effects & fight choreography with complimentary breath-taking camera angles. It even had humor thrown in there… All was complete when a Europol agent has Raizo on lockdown then comments, “He doesn’t look like a killing machine to me. He looks more like he should be in a boy band…”

Of course Raizo’s reaction to this plus the knowledge that the actor is in fact a pop icon in his own right was an intellectual Schwing! I can appreciate it. Not to mention Rain’s (Raizo) super silky voice (noted whenever he’s speaking to Mikka – hmmm) goes along way to define his character as a no holds barred killer who a random woman puts her trust in. (Not like she really had any other choice though).

I definitely will be watching it again, likely twice more. What can I say, I liked the blade wielding, flips & kicks, punches, blood-letting, sarcastic manner of the characters and tone of the film. For the people out there that said the plot was “paper-thin”- hheeeelllllloooooo, is anybody home? You don’t see this type of flick for plot or storyline, I’m happy it actually had one that actually makes sense (not like that whole X-Men fiasco) at the time. If you want to see a plot go see “The Blind Side” or “Precious”.

If you want a movie that makes you involuntarily emanate sounds of awe, then see this one. I did a video review, see below. As always, naysayers welcome!

original link: http://monadior.wordpress.com/2009/12/02/ninja-assassin-i-liked-it

-------------------------------------------------

All Request December: Ninja Assassin (2009)

Posted By Action Flick Chick on December 3, 2009

For the win: What is small, mostly annoying, and completely inappropriate to bring to a showing of Ninja Assassin? If you guessed a small, yappy dog, you’re wrong. Try again. If you guessed a cell phone, you’re wrong and you suck so you don’t get another guess. The answer is a freakin’ 10-year-old kid! I was in the theater with a woman who had brought a kid who was 10 at the oldest. She brought a kid to see one of the bloodiest and goriest films of all time! WTF? I’m still marveling at that judgment call. Wait, if you really think about it…. maybe that’s the ultimate test to an awesome movie. If a woman is willing to ruin a child’s innocence and splatter him with blood because she so badly wants to watch a movie, then it must be one hell of a movie. And I can honestly say, Ninja Assassin was one hell of a movie! So good choice, woman!

Ninja Assassin is about a ninja, played by Rain, who is an assassin who kills other ninjas who assassinate people. To keep from spoiling anything, that’s all I’ll say, but that’s all that really matters. He murders a LOT of people, and it is awesome! When I interviewed David Leitch, he mentioned that they had a lot of time to rehearse the stunts for this film. Well, the action was fantastic! Bravo, Leitch, Bravo! The action was brutal and bloody, just the way I like it. Some people described Ninja Assassin as being a gore fest or blood soaked movie. Well, that’s just silly. I would describe it as being a TSUNAMI of blood! You could have pinched someone and a volcano of blood would have erupted. Now that may sound ridiculous, and it is, but in a really good way. It was just the right amount of sweetness. It would make you go “ooooooooohh” and grip your body part that just got sliced off on screen and then laugh. Great fun!!!

I was discussing the movie before it started and decided to expect at least 4 decapitations within the movie. My expectations were greatly exceeded! There were at least two decapitations within the first fight scene! I was trying to keep track of the total number of decapitations and dismemberments but people were just going to pieces way too fast for me to track! I looked down for a second to make a tally mark, and when I look back up 20 more people were dead. Now that is a problem I am willing to live with.

Some critics have complained that there’s “no plot” and “it’s boring.” It’s fine that you feel that way, but I would have to respectfully disagree and say… SCREW YOU GUYS! Sure, there is not a lot of plot going on, but they do set up some plot so that people are dying for some semblance of a reason. They give you very good cause to root for Raizo (Rain). And Raizo is a very likable character. His body is pretty damn likable too, so ladies and some of you gents, keep that in mind. As far as the boring goes, sure it has some slow parts. I think there is about 5 minutes total of talking. Oh come on! Ninja Assassin was so action packed you couldn’t have fit one more drop of blood in there. And it wasn’t boring action. It was good, fast paced action. This movie is an action lovers dream…just enough story to know why people are dying, and then people die. They cut the crap right out.

So, to sum up: Action lovers must see Ninja Assassin. I had an absolute blast with this movie. I never once thought “How much longer is this?” It was a super pumped film that kept me interested the whole time. Oh and don’t forget to bring a towel, you’re going to need it. And maybe an ark, for when the flood of blood really gets going.

Time Until the S*** Gets Real: ~ 3 minutes

Baddies: Ninjas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Line: “I’ll tattoo the ceiling with your f***ing brains!”

Best Kill: The ninjas unleash an assault on a group of men. A random guy’s leg gets hooked with a knife on a chain and gets yanked up towards the ceiling. As he is pulled into the shadows, you hear some slicing sounds and then you see it. Gallons of blood fall to the floor and then you notice that what is left of the guy is mixed in with the blood. Yeesh! Look at all those pieces! Just call him Humpty Dumpty!

Best Explosion: There wasn’t an overabundance of explosions. It’s mostly just Raizo kicking ass and painting the town with blood. However, there was at least one small kaboom. Europol agents shoot a rocket launcher at a building causing several small explosions.

Action Rating: 5 Ninja Dismemberments with Violence Filter Turned On, out of 5.

Ninja Assassin Reviews Ninja-10

Illustration by Alex Langley. Rocket Llama World Headquarters.

This is the Action Flick Chick, and you’ve just been kicked in the ass!

Ninja Assassin requested by:
Johnny Williams (@johnny_williams, https://www.facebook.com/jkw17)

original post: http://actionflickchick.com/superaction/ninja-assassin-2009
Back to top Go down
http://rainlistings.blogspot.com
busybee1982
Admin
busybee1982

Ninja Assassin Reviews Empty
PostSubject: my take on NA reviews   Ninja Assassin Reviews I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 am

i became so depressed reading the so-called film critic reviews, i went on a hunt to find the average person who just goes because they truly just want to see a particular film. (after all these are the people who make the dollars increase at the box office), right?

i ran across a self appointed reporter who caught what appeared to be everyday New Yorkers, as they came out of the theater after watching NA. none of them even knew who Rain was, but they all gave the film high praises. when the reporter asked did they know Rain, they said "who?' and she brought them up to date (she must be a fan, hahahah)

anyway, hope readers enjoy the reviews posted here. they are both serious and funny.
Back to top Go down

Ninja Assassin Reviews
Page 1 of 1